MAC Playoff Teams: Congrats! You’ve made it this far. Read on for important details for the next couple of weekends:
1) CMS has been loaded with the matches for Saturday April 29th. (Men’s and Women’s) For matches that take place on Sunday April 30th, there will be updates based on Saturday’s results – specifically for the women’s events. CMS matches for playoffs will be locked on Mondays. Rosters for Sunday will need to be loaded by 10am on Sunday morning.
2) For the Women’s MAC Championships this coming weekend and for the Men’s Championship next weekend:
All players must bring an ID, driver’s license and/or Passports to verify identification as part of the check-in procedures. NO ID, NO RUGBY.
3) All teams are required to go through ID Check for the MAC Championships. Check-in will take place from 9:30 to 12:30 pm on Saturday and on an as needed basis beyond that time, in between matches. (If you need time outside of this window you must give me advance notice.) This is applicable to both the Women’s and Men’s events as all KO times on Saturday are 11, 1, and 3 pm.
Teams are encouraged to check-in before warming up. Please plan on about 20-30 minutes for everyone to grab their ID and to meet me for check-in. I will have CIPP rosters with me, reviewed for eligibility on each player. Each club needs to prepare their rosters in CMS and bring a copy to turn in as part of Check-in.
- Any player that is CIPP’d after April 1 is not eligible.
- For clubs that have multiple sides – Any player that has met the 50% criteria of playing with the higher side/division will not be eligible to play in the lower division.
- Any player that is not able to show proof of identification is not eligible to play.
- Consider this practice, should you advance to the May 20/21st Competitive Region playoffs.I understand the check-in procedures are similar.
Please make sure you understand who is eligible and who is not. I hate having to tell someone they can’t play and for that to be a surprise. It sucks even more for your player who thinks they are going to play to find out they won’t.
If you have questions on this, let me know in advance. You can verify eligibility through CIPP and CMS together.
The MAC Sevens Committee has worked with the following clubs to confirm these locations for the MAC 2017 7s Qualifiers:
June 24 – Northern Virginia
July 8 – Richmond Lions
July 15 – Wilmington
July 22 – Schuylkill River
will be made available soon.. Updated MAC Regulations/Guidelines will be posted as soon as they are finalized.
Spring season is about to get underway this coming week. As you all prepare, here’s information about playoffs:
Men’s 2017 Playoff Information
Women’s 2017 Playoff Information
Event Information – Pitch/Hotel/Location Packet Info (To be updated closer to the event date)
1 – Everyone is to be CIPP’d. CIPP registration deadline is April 1 2017.
2 – All clubs are to update CMS with match reports not later than Tuesday after the match. Matches are locked on Wednesday. Do not forget to report player substitutions for players 16-23, or they will not receive credit towards eligibility.
3 – You are responsible for coordinating/communicating with your local referee society regarding match KO details. The referees do not use the CMS system. Each society has their own allocations system. Check it.
On April 29-30 2017, Norfolk Storm will host the Women’s D1 D2, and D3 MAC semifinal and championship events at the Princess Anne Athletic Complex in Virginia Beach.
On May 6 2017, Richmond Lions will host the Men’s MAC D1, D2, and D3 championship event at Dorey Park in Richmond, VA.
In 2017, Each of the D3 divisions will have internal playoffs, hosted at the higher seed – This happens on April 1st and April 8th.
D3 South Semi Finals April 1st
Match 1: D3-South-East 1 v D3-South-West 2
Match 2: D3-South-West 1 v D3-South-East 2
D3 South Finals April 8th
Match 3: Winner Match A v Winner Match B – This match will determine seeding for the #3 and #5 spots.
D3 North and Central Semi Finals April 8th:
D3-North-North # 1 v D3-North-South #1 – this match will determine seeding for the #2 and #6 spots.
D3-North-North #2 v D3-North-South #2 – this match will determine who has the #8 spot.
D3-Central-North # 1 v D3-Central-South #1 – this match will determine seeding for the #1 and #4 spots.
D3-Central-North #2 v D3-Central-South #2 – this match will determine who has the #7 spot.
The Seeding for the D3 divisional playoffs is:
1 Central 1
2 North 1
3 South 1
4 Central 2
5 South 2
6 North 2
7 Central 3
8 North 3
Quarterfinal matches on April 22nd are:
Match A: Central 1 v North 3
Match B: North 1 v Central 3
Match C: South 1 v North 2
Match D: Central 2 v South 2
Semi Finals are on April 29th are:
Match E: Winner Match A v Winner Match B
Match F: Winner Match C v Winner Match D
Final is on May 6:
Winner Match E v Winner Match F
Out of the Mid Atlantic, Scion Sirens were undefeated at this year’s Club Seven’s Champions. Congrats ladies! NOVA Women also had a strong showing, landing in 6th place.
NOVA Men finished in 9th place taking the Bowl, and Schuylkill River fell to Olympic in the Shield final by the end of the weekend.
For all the details and results, visit www.usaclub7s.com/.
Congratulations to this year’s MAC Sevens Champions:
1 Schuylkill River u23
1 – Schuylkill River
Our Premier clubs will go on to Nationals, in Denver August 13th in Denver Colorado.
Raleigh Venom – MAC D1 Women #1
NOVA – MAC D1 Women #2 – on to Repechage against Beantown
Harrisburg – MAC D2 Women
Phoenixville Whitehorse – MAC D3 Women
Next up with the men:
D1: Rocky Gorge v Norfolk
D2: Richmond v Wilmington
D3: Reading v Newport News
Washington Renegades v Rocky Gorge D3
D4: Wilkes-Barre v Chambersburg
Best of luck to all teams!
Final Schedule and Hotel Information for the 2016 Women’s Event has been posted here in the Women’s XVs section: http://macrugby.org/womens2016playoffs/. The Match Commissioner for the weekend is Bryan Dewease. All check-in procedures will take place with him.
Final Schedule and Hotel information for the 2016 Men’s Event has been posted in the Men’s XVs section: http://macrugby.org/mens-xvs/mensplayoffs2016/. The Match Commissioner for the weekend is Tony Frederick. All check-in procedures will take place with him.