Spring season is about to get underway this coming week. As you all prepare, here’s information about playoffs:
Event Information – Pitch/Hotel/Location Packet Info (To be updated closer to the event date)
1 – Everyone is to be CIPP’d. CIPP registration deadline is April 1 2017.
2 – All clubs are to update CMS with match reports not later than Tuesday after the match. Matches are locked on Wednesday. Do not forget to report player substitutions for players 16-23, or they will not receive credit towards eligibility.
3 – You are responsible for coordinating/communicating with your local referee society regarding match KO details. The referees do not use the CMS system. Each society has their own allocations system. Check it.
Read and heed:
On April 29-30 2017, Norfolk Storm will host the Women’s D1 D2, and D3 MAC semifinal and championship events at the Princess Anne Athletic Complex in Virginia Beach.
On May 6 2017, Richmond Lions will host the Men’s MAC D1, D2, and D3 championship event at Dorey Park in Richmond, VA.
In 2017, Each of the D3 divisions will have internal playoffs, hosted at the higher seed – This happens on April 1st and April 8th.
D3 South Semi Finals April 1st
Match 1: D3-South-East 1 v D3-South-West 2
Match 2: D3-South-West 1 v D3-South-East 2
D3 South Finals April 8th
Match 3: Winner Match A v Winner Match B – This match will determine seeding for the #3 and #5 spots.
D3 North and Central Semi Finals April 8th:
D3-North-North # 1 v D3-North-South #1 – this match will determine seeding for the #2 and #6 spots.
D3-North-North #2 v D3-North-South #2 – this match will determine who has the #8 spot.
D3-Central-North # 1 v D3-Central-South #1 – this match will determine seeding for the #1 and #4 spots.
D3-Central-North #2 v D3-Central-South #2 – this match will determine who has the #7 spot.
The Seeding for the D3 divisional playoffs is:
1 Central 1
2 North 1
3 South 1
4 Central 2
5 South 2
6 North 2
7 Central 3
8 North 3
Quarterfinal matches on April 22nd are:
Match A: Central 1 v North 3
Match B: North 1 v Central 3
Match C: South 1 v North 2
Match D: Central 2 v South 2
Semi Finals are on April 29th are:
Match E: Winner Match A v Winner Match B
Match F: Winner Match C v Winner Match D
Final is on May 6:
Winner Match E v Winner Match F
Out of the Mid Atlantic, Scion Sirens were undefeated at this year’s Club Seven’s Champions. Congrats ladies! NOVA Women also had a strong showing, landing in 6th place.
NOVA Men finished in 9th place taking the Bowl, and Schuylkill River fell to Olympic in the Shield final by the end of the weekend.
For all the details and results, visit www.usaclub7s.com/.
Congratulations to this year’s MAC Sevens Champions:
1 Schuylkill River u23
1 – Schuylkill River
Our Premier clubs will go on to Nationals, in Denver August 13th in Denver Colorado.
Raleigh Venom – MAC D1 Women #1
NOVA – MAC D1 Women #2 – on to Repechage against Beantown
Harrisburg – MAC D2 Women
Phoenixville Whitehorse – MAC D3 Women
Next up with the men:
D1: Rocky Gorge v Norfolk
D2: Richmond v Wilmington
D3: Reading v Newport News
Washington Renegades v Rocky Gorge D3
D4: Wilkes-Barre v Chambersburg
Best of luck to all teams!
For the Women’s Event:
- May 7th matches have been created in CMS. Rosters must be loaded by 10pm on Friday.
- Bryan Dewease, Match Commissioner, will perform ID checks on May 7th, prior to KO for all teams.
- Clubs are required to provide and submit a hard copy of their roster of up to 28 for the event weekend.
- Saturday Score reports and Sunday May 8th matches will be loaded in CMS Saturday evening.
- The Women’s clubs will have until Monday May 9th midnight to finalize all roster and match reports for the weekend. Matches will be locked the morning of Tuesday May 10th.
For the Men’s Events:
- The Men’s matches on May 7th are encouraged to perform an ID check (each club checks their opponent) before the match takes place. See our CMS Compliance policy.
- May 7th matches have been loaded. Rosters must be loaded not later than 10pm on Friday.
- Men’s May 7th Match Reports are required to be complete by Sunday May 8th midnight. Matches will be locked the morning of Monday May 9th.
- The Men’s D1/D2/D3/D4 May 14th matches will be created by Monday evening. Rosters must be loaded by 10pm on Friday May 13th.
- Tony Frederick, Match Commissioner, will perform ID checks on May 14th, prior to KO for all teams.
- D3 Clubs are required to provide and submit a hard copy of their roster of up to 28 for the event weekend. (D1/D2/D4 are only allowed to roster 23 for the single match.)
- Saturday Score reports and Sunday May 15th matches will be loaded in CMS Saturday evening.
- D1/D2/D4 clubs will have until Sunday May 15th midnight to finalize all roster and match reports for the weekend. Matches will be locked the morning of Monday May 16th.
- For D3: Sunday May 15th matches will be loaded in CMS Saturday evening.
- The Men’s D3 clubs will have until Monday May 16th midnight to finalize all roster and match reports for the weekend. Matches will be locked the morning of Tuesday May 17th.
- There is a possibility that we will require a D3 match to determine the 3rd place seed. This match, if necessary, will be played on May 15th at 1:30 pm. This will take place in the event that Rocky Gorge D3 and Schuylkill River D3 play for the Championship, and the consolation match will determine the 3rd seed who will advance to the National playoffs. If only one or neither of the two above mentioned teams plays on to the Championship match, there will not be a consolation match.
- All clubs who advance to Nationals will likely have 24 hours to turn around the paperwork to be submitted for eligibility verification to USARugby.