The following are general guidelines for play.
Points System for Divisions I, II, and III
During the League season, teams will be ranked within their Divisions based on the standard:
- 4 points for winning a match
- 2 points for drawing a match
- 0 points for losing a match
- 1 losing bonus point for losing by 7 points (or less)
- 1 try bonus point for scoring (at least) 4 tries, regardless of the outcome.
Given that we follow the standard ranking system, the tie-break system will also be employed. In the event of two or more teams being equal on competition points the following steps will be used in the following order until the tie is broken:
- (a) Most wins from all matches;
- (b) Highest aggregate points difference from all matches;
- (c) Most tries from all matches;
- (d) Highest aggregate difference of total tries for versus tries scored against from all matches;
- (e) Coin toss.
In the event of a forfeit, we will use the previous USAR conventions:
- The club not at fault will be given a 28-0 win, with credit for 4 trys and 4 conversions. [Beginning in 2022-2023, this will change to 49-0 with credit for 7 trys and 7 conversions.]
- The offending side will have 1 bonus point deducted for the match, plus any other penalties that may ensue.
Day and Time of League Matches
League matches must kick off between 11:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m. on Saturday, unless a mutually agreeable change is made prior to the beginning of the season and reported to the appropriate referees association and to the Competitions Committee.
Men’s Divisional Field Cancellation Policy
1. Home Clubs are required to contact their Away opponents prior to their scheduled league matches in the event that there is a problem with the weekend’s scheduled site.
2. If the original Home field was cancelled (for any reason), the Home team shall make any/all effort to secure a suitable field no further than 30 miles in additional travel distance from the original venue for the Away team.
3. If the Home team cannot secure a field as stated above, the teams will negotiate for a make-up date during the Fall Season within the vicinity of the original Home team. If a decision cannot be reached by the two teams, the match will be rescheduled on the earliest available Make-up Date (as prescribed by the seasonal schedule).
4. If the match cannot be scheduled, the Regional Committee will adjudicate the resulting complaint.