Points System for Divisions I, II, and III
During the League season, teams will be ranked within their Divisions based on the standard:
- 4 points for winning a match
- 2 points for drawing a match
- 0 points for losing a match
- 1 losing bonus point for losing by 7 points (or less)
- 1 try bonus point for scoring (at least) 4 tries, regardless of the outcome.
Given that we follow the standard ranking system, the tie-break system will also be employed. In the event of two or more teams being equal on competition points the following steps will be used in the following order until the tie is broken:
- (a) Most wins from all matches;
- (b) Highest aggregate points difference from all matches;
- (c) Most tries from all matches;
- (d) Highest aggregate difference of total tries for versus tries scored against from all matches;
- (e) Coin toss.
In the event of a forfeit, we will use the previous USAR conventions:
The club not at fault will be given a 28-0 win, with credit for 4 trys and 4 conversions.
The offending side will have 1 bonus point deducted for the match, plus any other penalties that may ensue.
Day and Time of League Matches
League matches must kick off between 11:00 am and 3:00 p.m. on Saturday, unless a mutually agreeable change is made prior to the beginning of the season and reported to the appropriate referees association and to the Competitions Committee. Games may be played on Sunday with mutual agreement between both clubs and the local referee society.
Forfeiture of a match will result in being barred from the playoffs and advancement within the current competitive season. A second occurrence in the competitive season will warrant demotion to the next lower division for the following competitive cycle.
Women’s Field Cancellation Policy
1. Home Clubs are required to contact their Away opponents not later than Wednesday prior to their scheduled league matches in the event with information. The teams are to work alternate mutually agreeable arrangements if there is a problem with the weekend’s scheduled site.
2. If the original Home field was cancelled (for any reason), the Home team shall make any/all effort to secure a suitable field no further than 30 miles in additional travel distance from the original venue for the Away team.
3. If the Home team cannot secure a field as stated above, the teams will negotiate for a make-up date during the Competitive Season within the vicinity of the original Home team. If a decision cannot be reached by the two teams, the match will be rescheduled on the earliest available Make-up Date (as prescribed by the seasonal schedule).
4. If the match cannot be scheduled, the MAC Committee will adjudicate the resulting complaint.